Creating Online Courses
- Bates, A.W. (2015) Teaching in a Digital Age: Guidelines for designing teaching and learning. Retrieved from https://opentextbc.ca/teachinginadigitalage/
- Wicks, M., Glick, D., Darrow R., Gillis L., Glowa L., Radtke C., . . . Trim C. (2015). International Association of K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL). How to Start an Online Learning Program: A Practical Guide to Key Issues and Policies. Retrieved from http://www.onlineprogramhowto.org/quality/inacol-standards/online-courses/
- ChangSchool. (2011, January 26). Perspectives: Teacher skills in a digital age. [Video]. Retrieved fro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_BJcRVYQsE
Framing the course: Tools for designing courses
Using Backward Design:
- Fink, L. D. (2003) A Self Directed Guide to Designing Courses for Significant Learning. Retrieved from https://www.deefinkandassociates.com/GuidetoCourseDesignAug05.pdf.
- Wiggins, G., McTighe, J. (2005) Understanding by Design: Expanded 2nd Edition. [Kindle eBook] Retrieved from Amazon.com.
Sound Advice about achieving goals:
- Covey, S. R. (1989) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Powerful lessons in Personal Change. New York. NY. Simon & Schuster.
My Post: Visit this post to learn how Backward Design was used to create the course: Designing a New Course using Backward Design
My Post: For more information about Backward Design, read A Self-Directed Guide to Designing Courses for Significant Learning, by L. Dee Fink, PhD.