Also Visit Blog Post: The Importance of Learning Communities
If you haven’t already joined or created a PLN (professional learning network) – you should! Don’t know where to start? Here is a short list of communities and resources I have found helpful in supporting my efforts as a technology integrator and leader in my school.
Please leave a comment with suggestions you would like to share and I will add them.
Website Communities (some require membership, free or paid)
- EdWeb.net (An online community of educators with weekly training videos and live webinars)
- ISTE.org (International Society for Technology in Education)
- Common Sense Media.org (Common Sense Media for Educators – offers everything from tools, training, curriculum, to reviews on just about everything you might consider using with kids)
- EdTech Magazine (Provides a constant stream of articles about k-12 technology)
- AliceKeeler.com (Everything Google)