You discovered my bio! Great. Obviously, my family is the most important part of my world – as seen here. We set the camera timer and all jumped in – I love how it turned out. Actually, that’s exactly how I describe my career!
First, the boring stuff, how I earn a living. I’m the Technology Director at a private school (preK – 8). This means I have to keep a lot of kids and teachers happy by making sure their classroom equipment works, and they know how to use it. I didn’t say it was an easy job. It’s a great job, don’t get me wrong. But that’s only half of what I do – now, on to the exciting stuff!!
When I’m not trying to fix something, I spend time teaching – well, facilitating – students of all ages. My role as tech teacher is really different than what other teachers do because I help kids understand how to use apps and programs and even create them. I help the adults by leading them to new ways to use technology with students and for themselves that make their work easier and add depth to their students learning experiences.
I’m an educator, not a teacher. I hold a business administration degree in non-profit management, and spent most of my career in human resources, in one capacity or another, before joining the field of education. My work managing and training adults prepared me for the work I do today. But work is only a part of my world. Here’s a short list of my current and past contributions as a volunteer:
- Prince of Peace Catholic School Robotics Team, Mentor and Adviser; BEST Robotics Regional Competition (current)
- Marketing Committee Co-chair, Prince of Peace Catholic School (current)
- Steering Committee Appointed Member, Prince of Peace Catholic School (current)
- Advisory Board, Catholic Family Services of Birmingham (2013-2016)
- Guest speaker, Catholic Women’s retreat, Diocese of Birmingham, Birmingham, AL (2014)
- Technology Committee Member, Diocese of Birmingham Schools, Birmingham AL (2014)
- Founder, Home school Co-op for Child Socialization, Hoover AL (2009)
Giving back to society is very important to me.
I love learning so I’m currently working on a Master’s of Education in Digital Learning and Leading. The field of education is heading that way and I’m not getting any younger, so I thought I would jump right in the next chapter of my life.
www.popcatholic.net to learn about Prince of Peace Catholic School,
http://cfsbhm.org/ to learn about Catholic Family Services, Birmingham, AL,